cIDA | Publications
- Glynos, J., Howarth, D., Flitcroft, R., Love, C., Roussos, K. and Vazquez, J., (2021). Logics, discourse theory and methods: Advances, challenges and ways forward. Journal of Language and Politics. 20 (1), 62-78.
- Glynos, J. (2021) Critical Fantasy Studies, Journal of Language and Politics 20(1) 95-111.
- Bloom, P. and Śliwa, M., (2021). Hacking work: Critically examining the implications of the new discourse and practices of hacking for work intensification and organisational control. Human Relations, 001872672199676-001872672199676
- Griggs, S., Howarth, D. and Feandeiro, A., (2020). The Logics and Limits of ‘Collaborative Governance’ in Nantes: Myth, Ideology and the Politics of New Urban Regimes. Journal of Urban Affairs. 42 (1), 91-108.
- Kuraishi, Anam (2020) "Freedom-loving Brits" Taking back control: Post-truth in the COVID era. The New Pretender
- Schneider, Julius and Kleinberg, Reid (2020) Of apples and oranges - Donald Trump and the threat of aspiration fascism The New Pretender
- Love, Craig (2020) Seizing the moment? Scotland, coronavirus and the question of Independence. The New Pretender
- Vazquez, Jimena and Roussos, Kostis (2020) Expectedly unprecedented: Media discourses on COVID-19 and gender violence in Mexico The New Pretender
- Flitcroft, Ryan (2020) Our finest hour - A very British response to crisis. The New Pretender
- Griggs, S. and Howarth, D., (2019). Discourse, policy and the environment: hegemony, statements and the analysis of UK airport expansion. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning. 21 (5), 464-478.
- Barnett, N., Griggs, S. and Howarth, D., (2019). Whatever happened to Councillors? Problematising the deficiency narrative in English local politics. Political Studies. 67 (3), 775-794.
- Carter, D. and Warren, R., (2019). Metonyms and metaphor: the rhetorical redescription of public interest for the International Accounting Standards Board. Critical Policy Studies. 13 (3), 280-305.
- Howarth, D., (2018). Marx, discourse theory and political analysis: negotiating an ambiguous legacy. Critical Discourse Studies. 15 (4), 377-389.
- De Cleen, B., Glynos, J. and Mondon, A. (2018) Critical Research on Populism: Nine Rules of Engagement, Organization, 25(5): 649-661.
- Griggs, S., Hall, S., Howarth, D. and Seigneuret, N., (2017). Characterizing and evaluating rival discourses of the ‘sustainable city’: Towards a politics of pragmatic adversarialism. Political Geography. 59, 36-4.
- Howarth, David and Griggs, Steven (2017) on Heathrow 2.0 a 'sustainable airport' that pretends no one has to choose between planes and pollution. The Conversation
- Howarth, D., (2015). Ernesto Laclau: Post-Marxism, Populism, and Critique. Routledge Taylor & Francis. 978-0-415-87087-0.
- Glynos, J., Speed, E. and West, K. (2015) Logics of Marginalisation in Health and Social Care Reform: Integration, Choice and Provider-blind Provision, Critical Social Policy, 35(1): 45-68.
- Howarth, David (2015) The success of Syriza in Greece has been driven by Marxism, populism and yes - Essex University. The Independent
- Efharis Mascha (2005) Hegemony and Satire: a case of 'passive revolution' during Mussolini's ascendance to power 1919-1925
- Lasse Thomassen (2005) From Antagonism to Heterogeneity: Discourse Analytical Strategies
- Oscar Reyes (2002) Skinhead Conservatism: The Failure of Contemporary British Populism
- Yannis Stavrakakis (2002) The Ethical and Political Challenge of Constructionism in Risk Societies: Post-democratic Trends and Civil Society
- Aletta Norval (2002) The Impurity of Politics: Deconstructive Interventions
- Jason Glynos (2001) Radical Democracy: Democratic Theory from an Anti-essentialist Perspective
- David Howarth (2001) An Archaeology of Political Discourse? Evaluating Michel Foucault’s Explanation and Critique of Ideology
- David W. Traynier (2001) A Land of Milk and Money, The Discursive Construction of Monsanto’s Posilac
- Lasse Thomassen (2001) Habermas and the Aporias of Justification
- Anthony M. Clohesy (2001) Getting New Labour into Focus
- Aletta Norval (1999) The Things We Do with Words: Contemporary approaches to the analysis of ideology
- Jason Glynos (1999) From Identity to Identification: Discourse Theory and Psychoanalysis in Context
- Steve Bastow (1998) The Ideological Mobility of Front National Discourse
- Ernesto Laclau (1998) The Politics of Rhetoric
- David R. Howarth (1996) The Discursive Construction and Character of Black Consciousness Ideology in Apartheid South Africa
- Yannis Stavrakakis (1996) Split Subject and Split Object: Towards a Generalization of the Lacanian Logic of Lack
- Kate Nash (1995) Liberalism and the Undecidability of “Women”
- Nathan Widder (1995) Liberalism, Communitarianism and Otherness
- Joanildo A Burity (1994) Iterability, Contexts, Globalization: Notes on Latin American Social Movements, Religion and Democracy
- Luis Ricardo Davila (1994) The Formation of the Political Imaginary: The Case of Venezuela
- T B Dyrberg (1992) The Politics of Individual and Public Interests
- D Howarth & A Norval (1992) Subjectivity and Strategy in South African Resistance Politics: Prospects for a New Imaginary